Sunday, January 27, 2013

Reviewing the past

I was in the midst of browsing through the net one day and something bothered me. It was the bookmarked blog page of mine on the bookmark toolbar in my chrome. I went on clicking the link pondering that would anyone still remember this blog, my ex-classmates? friends? or some anonymous followers of my blog? Just as soon as the page was on, the page counter showed a zero view. A chill ran down my spine. They said, 'absence makes heart grows fonder', well, I guess the saying 'out of sight, out of mind' is more appropriate in describing this situation. I felt much guiltiness in neglecting her for so long. The last post was dated back to early 2011, which I posted about the SPM results day. Think about that, it's been almost 2 years...

Anyway, I have plenty of time tidying it up again now.

It's always true that reading diaries that you had written in the past would bring back so much memories to life, good and bad, as though they are flowing through you. I had a feeling that some kind of metamorphosis happened in my inner self; the one and a half year period taking form 6 was not passed emptily, it was more resembling a learning process which furnished me with a more matured thinking. Also, thanks to it, for bringing me closer to my dreams and meeting some true bros for life.That's why I felt like doing this for the past few days: to review the past.

2012 was not an easy year for me and too to those who were taking STPM 2012, to be honest, there were ups and downs throughout the year... Say, 70% of my time was spent in tuitions, classes and studies. I wasn't being exaggerated, but that amount doesn't include the final 2 months before the real havoc (STPM) happened where I somewhat did my revision until late in the night. I sincerely hope that you, who is currently reading this, for not thinking that I do this post for demanding any sympathetic feeling from you. The main idea of this is to advise you that, do not waste your time... I'm sorry to myself that the half year in lower sixth (2011) was not well utilized. I spent that period as though it was my honeymoon year, I went to gym after school, went to pubs late in the night, went Dota-ing during my free times and so on. That's one of the things I learned in the past, that is to utilize the time wisely. Anyway, I have never regretted to take up STPM even knowing that how difficult it could be, no matter how my results turn out eventually... Of course, I still hope for the best. *finger-crossed* :)

Of course, 2012 wasn't entirely that pathetic. I was in the selected class during my upper sixth (2012). That was where my life's turning point placed at. At this point, I feel like writing a tribute to a friend of mine who motivated me a lot. Alright, here you go. The pleasure is mine for knowing you and getting enrolled in the same class with you. You, are the one among my friends who has the most matured thinking but at the same time, remaining your own cheerful personality. I feel sorry for any hardship that clashed on your life. I'm glad that you shared your past with me, though not always but some of the times, I appreciate that. It was you who taught me that shit happens and none can help except ourselves. I adore your sheer determination in handling your life, as if a meticulous captain steering his ship. It was tough overcoming all that, I know, I understand it well. On top of these, I'm glad that you gave me the chance to make my maiden appearance in a video and too gave me the full support when I  directed my very first video. All those fond memories of us on a trip to Hong Kong University will never fade and too all the stupid things we did in the streets of Mong Kok. I will never be the same if we never met. Till this point, I kind of think that there's some chemistry between us two, please do not get me wrong, chemistry in the sense of our friendships. Hopefully time wouldn't wash it off. :)

Also, there happened two major shifts in myself, physically and emotionally. For the former, I had myself few new hairstyles in a year. They say changing your physical appearance occasionally is good. Whenever I looked back the tagged photos of mine in Facebook back then, I was like, 'damn, I have changed so much...'. Alright, that's me being conceited again, my sincere apology. I shall move to the other aspect. As for the latter, the shift from another perspective, that is 'emotion'. I feel insecure sometimes. Perhaps it was due to the solitary lifestyle I am used to. Silly me always admire those who can handle both their studies and relationship well. I have been always jokingly asked by some friends the question why don't I go after a girl. There's only one way to answer it, 'syok lo'. Rarely someone knows that in the deepest spot within me, I always hoped for one who can understand me well... Things have been working in the opposite way that they should have done in. I once asked myself after STPM, is it the time yet, is it actually the time for things to work out well yet? I have no idea. But one thing I am certain is that the things will be in the order that they should be in. No rush,I tell myself, no rush.  *Oh, please be clarified that I am still single and available for the time being, haha!* :p

Next, it is the school prom that I attended. I apology for being so superficial, but the reason I chose this event to be written is because that my girl schoolmates were absurdly good looking as compared to the ordinary school days. Everyone looked so different and awesome. Here is the link to the photo album.

My 2012 was ended in a much different way. What else better than ending a year with more than 50k audiences in a live concert countdown at overseas? Oh, I was in 高雄 for the countdown by the way. The beginning of this year is humble and just nice. One thing, we survived the Mayan doomsday prophecy too!

I am pretty sure that making my new year resolutions now is never too late, well at least better than not doing it...
*In this year, I will... not dwell in the regrets in the past anymore.* 
The older generation always tell us that never let the regrets in the past to trip you down. How thoughtful it is, food for thought? :)

So, this is 2013. I will end this long post here. Ah! It's been a while since I last wrote about my feelings. Feel good, aye? :)