Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reality is a waking dream

I have always wanted to write another post about my working experiences earlier, but my procrastinating habit was acting on me, so the post was delayed and delayed until now. Oh, I just resigned from my job in the Adventist Hospital earlier and the 28th of February was the last day of working there. Thus, now I am absolutely freed from anything.

I worked as a clerk in the medical records department. I had been blessed that my superior, Lawrence, was not as strict as other departmental bosses and the workloads were really light sometimes. In overall, working under him was rather relaxing and pleasant. I worked for one month and 12 days, to be exact. They said, time flies when you are working. Indeed, that period faded away so fast. Working from 8am to 5pm everyday could be a little bit difficult to me initially, I was kind of resistive in the beginning that I would normally lie on the bed when the alarm first rang at 6.30am and snooze the clock then continue to sleep to 7am. But wait, this is not the reason why I quit this job.To be honest, I was a little bit upset when I first entered the working compound. I was told by my mother (as this job was recommended by her) that I would be working in a hospital... I thought I could like at least gain some really nice and good experiences related to medical knowledge even though I am not planning to vent into medical lines in the future. My job was something to deal with the old and dusty medical files (which they are commonly known as charts). Basically, what me and my colleagues had to do was to type in the serial number on the charts and check if they are valid to dispose then if they do, we dispose them. The job was as easy as it sounds exactly, it's just that the workloads will never shrink and you have to repeat your process over and over again, type, check, transfer and the whole process repeats again. Please be clarified that I am not trying to whine about this, I really enjoyed my that job later on but then I wished to try out various jobs out there.

It's just that there is another thought in my opinion. To me, what I need the most for the time being? monetary support or distinctive working experiences? I'd choose the latter. I might be a little picky at this point. Anyway, if there lies a chance for you to choose between a Uniqlo promoter at RM2k per month and a RM1k office worker, what will you choose? The pay at the former is one-fold of the latter, seems really attractive, no? Of course it does, I'd go for both if there's a doppelganger of mine works for me. However, in my opinion, as an STPM leaver who is waiting for results, shouldn't it be wiser to find a job that enriches your working experience that furnishes your resume and potentially proves to be worthy in your future career undertakings? Guess I'm still a little bit not over my previous experience working at a realty firm where I had to deal with bankers and lawyers for property purchases. It was stressful but the knowledge gained was no compared. I think the most delicate and stressful part when I worked there was the time my boss put me into a condominium and land trade sales case which my primary job during that time was calling that respective client and parties in-charged, I bet the lawyers and bankers were so damn annoyed by me as I called them up everyday and even after works. Things went the same for some times and accomplished in the end. It was so pleasant to receive a compliment and acknowledgement from the boss after everything was done. That powerful compliment. :) Please bare with me and my throwback memories...

But then again, whichever you choose is fine. My idea above was solely meant for myself and does not reflect any intentional comment to any party. It's just that I think experience is more valuable, at least they don't experience inflation like money does? Anyway, I am pretty certain that if a boutique shop offers me a good pay, I'd go for that too because money is really tempting, pretty contradicting with my previous statement right? Reality is a waking dream, we can hardly have both at once, unless you are a genius or lucky enough to find one.

Just a few days back then, I worked as a part time event crew for a Nestle's convention cum Gaia Dinner. Should I say I was lucky or the way I presented myself caught the attention of the event planner manager? It was a two-days event and I only went on the second day and thus I missed the briefing and all that. I was blessed that, amongst all the part time crew he could have chosen, he talked to me personally and recruited me to his team to work as an intern. It was a huge compliment (I should be glad). But then again, what put me in a diverged roads is that, the company is based in KL. After reckoning the pros and cons, that is, for the former, experiences and all that, while the latter, long working hour and stress and so on, I hesitated. Just hours ago, I received another message from another event planning company that Ian, that event manager I mentioned above, suggested me to him. I really feel like joining this kind of service line. However, every job out there offers different kind of experiences. I guess I need more time to consider my decision... 

Just read through what I just wrote, I feel like I was ranting all the way and the content does not really make sense. But so what, #YOLO. GTG BB!
Lol, shitty acronyms again.

Anyway, all of above is just my two cents and does not reflect any intentional critic to any party. 
See y'all in a bit.


0 comments: