Monday, April 5, 2010

Cheng Beng 2010

As the previous years, my dad used to wake me up at 6am in the morning and head to cheng beng by motorbike, while my mum and lazy sister continue their sweetdream on their bed.. ISHHH!
I took my mum's compact camera instead of bringing my own DSLR which is a 'burden', without
any notification. lol
So, we have our breakfast after bumped into uncle and aunt.
Well, we had the same breakfast before cheng beng every year... yam rice and 'lobak' soup at a stall near 4th street. ==
Surprisingly, the first place we went has already cleaned up, the bushes all gone, weird.. So we just pray with joss sticks and headed to the second place.

Works began, we have to pull bushes ourselves, such an exercise.
Today's lesson : Do not try a shortcut, my dad stepped onto bullshit when walk through a shortcut.. so lucky. lol
DSCF3569
Dad trying to wash off the bullshit with water, while I squeezed my sanitizer onto his leg too.. EWWW...
DSCF3582
Me, folding joss papers, but in facts, I was just posing for my moral project. I need more photos for my project photos. But I really working, not slacking.
DSCF3566
DSCF3568
Cheers! After more than an hour of hardwork, we settled our second round of clean up. =D
Then, we headed to the 3rd (last place).
DSCF3584
My grandpa, the camera face detected him somemore... p/s: my name was cropped.
DSCF3585
DSCF3587
Rather than paying the other to clean the bushes for us, we had use our own hands to clean the bushes away, as a commitment and respect toward our ancestors.
Well, you gotta believe me, I didn't complain to be awaken early nor my face get 'grilled' by the scorching hot sun, neither both. =D
DSCF3591
DSCF3596
Preparing joss papers, my dad was slacking.
DSCF3594
Wee, peace? hahahahahaaa.
At around 11am, the whole morning of hardwork finally adjourned, so, I went home and sleep straight away. *Of course after bath. =D*

People say, '清明时节雨纷纷,路上行人欲断魂', but i think it should be amended to '清明时节热昏昏, 弄到人欲睡昏昏'. LOL   

0 comments: