Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Shanghai-Jiang Nan 8 Days Trip [DAY 1]

I have finally back. So, from this onwards, there will be '8 episodes drama' about my trip only on http://kelvinwoes.blogspot.com.
23rd of December.
The day that was, that the journey started on that morning.
All i could comment on this Shanghai-Jiang Nan Trip 8 days trip is: 'COLD, COOL and still COLD!' We departed from house at around 5.45a.m. since the regulations stated there that passengers of international flights have to done check-in 2 hours before flight time. The 'we' represent 10 people from my family included me.
DSC_0006
Doing check-in at counter 17. We went there via Thai Royal Orchid Airlines.
DSC_0008
This is so random.. Doing their final check before check-in.
DSC_0014
My boarding pass. I was seated at 62B on Flight no. TG426.
Before leaving, i shot some photos with my family.
DSC_0015
Grandma and grandpa.
DSC_0016
Mum posing with signboard.
DSC_0029
Then, daddy felt jealous and approached to me for taking photo for them.
DSC_0019
Grandpa, me, my sister and grandma.
DSC_0037
Not long after these, the tourist guide, GIGI (in black) gathered us and explained some 'do's and don'ts' before leaving.
DSC_0040
Cute Siamese baby.
DSC_0047
My plane.
DSC_0051
Children nowadays are so lucky. Can fly oversea as if they want. =(
Upon went into the cabin, i quickly swapped my seat with my grandpa who seated beside the window.
DSC_0055
DSC_0056
'Miniature buildings'. Did you found your home sweet home?
DSC_0061
Breakfast on plane. The sandwiches suck, but the orange juice sweet!
DSC_0066
Layers of cloud, different shapes at all the time, kept on changing, just like the emotions of human beings, unpredictable.
DSC_0069
Landing...
DSC_0070
And finally reached Bangkok International Airport (Transmit city) before off to Shanghai.
Some random shots in the airport.
DSC_0077
DSC_0083
DSC_0094
Dang.. Jam-packed-duty-free-branded outlets like BOSS fragrance, GUCCI, COACH, LV, Worldwide Watches and bla bla bla were everywhere...
DSC_0085
DSC_0086
DSC_0099
DSC_0100
Mafias ?
DSC_0104
DSC_0113
Before departure.
DSC_0115
The multimedia screen, I played Texas hold'em poker on the screen. =)
DSC_0120
Lunch. It was delicious.
DSC_0124
Fluffy layer cakes.

After 4 hours of tiring flight, i arrived Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
DSC_0125
Dang.. Photographing is strictly prohibited inside any of the China International Airport. =(

Upon arrival, we took a ride on the Maglev Train (磁浮列车), something like the bullet train in Japan or 'super-advanced-yet-high-speed' LRT in Malaysia. The maximum speed it could reached is 369km/hour.
DSC_0126
DSC_0134
DSC_0140
After 10 minutes, we arrived to LongYang Road Station.
DSC_0141
My uncle's family.

Before went to have dinner, we took a stroll to our tour bus which parked far-far away from the station. We walked through the night market too.
DSC_0145
DSC_0147
I like this shot.

After ate dinner, we went to Shanghai World Financial Center (环球金融中心), currently the 2nd tallest building in the world.
DSC_0171
DSC_0199
DSC_0209
We ascended up to the 94th floor to have a panorama view of the Shanghai during the night. I brought my tripod up there too. =)
DSC_0176
Oriental Pearl Tower(东方明珠塔). The annoying reflection by the light on the tower beside and the moderate-heavy maze, dang ?!
DSC_0177
金茂大夏 and Oriental Pearl Tower (东方明珠塔).
DSC_0179
Rooftop of the 金茂大夏.
DSC_0181
DSC_0182
I like the lights, especially by when the cars moving.
DSC_0183
DSC_0187
DSC_0192
DSC_0185
The couple from our tour group too. They were having pre-honeymoon. And, they use SONY Alpha 250 DSLR too.
On the way back to bus,
DSC_0198
My car.
DSC_0206
Christmas lights.
DSC_0211
The entrance i entered before. Love the night, love the light.

After that, we went to The Bund (外滩)where famous of the drama 上海滩 and its legendary historical background.
The whole sightseeing turned out very disappointing as the temperature was only 2 degrees and started to have maze again!
DSC_0215
DSC_0234
DSC_0233DSC_0219
The Bund. Somehow it looks 'blurry'.
DSC_0225
Mum and dad.
DSC_0226
Gradma and Grandpa.
DSC_0235
I love their buildings at night. Nice orange lights from head of the road until the end, but this causes serious light pollution. I could rarely see a single star hanging on the sky during the night.

After that, we went to XinTianDi Bistro Area (新天地酒吧街). Nightlife and more! So many hot chicks and photographers with long-big lens there.
DSC_0238
DSC_0261
DSC_0267
DSC_0238
DSC_0250
I wonder were they dwarfs or elf ?!
DSC_0254
Merry belated Christmas. =)

After all, we back to hotel. Hotel of that night was the 5-stars Paradise Hotel (甸园大酒店).
DSC_0276
My mum, sister and I stayed in the same room.

Woots!! stay tuned for ep. 2.

6 comments:

Joseph said...

WOW. Nice pics from your holidays. You are also one lucky teenager that got to travel.

You sure the lunch on the plane was appetizing enough to be delicious. I've always found plane food to be mediocre.

Hmm.. depart from Penang, also comprehends chinese. My guess, CLHS student? If so, am your old old senior. :P

SeowJiao said...

Yeap, Currently 17 and studying at CLHS. =) Hello senior !

Joseph said...

Haha.. small world.

I went back to school last week, and an assembly was being held.

Next time when I go back, mey be we can meet. I usually will sit in the canteen with teacher (Pn. Soo from discipline) makan + chat in the staff canteen room.

Inn Ching Ong said...

Gigi is also my tour guide when i go to HK..She is a nice person !

SeowJiao said...

oh.. inn ching, really? haha! small world, like what joseph saying...

raphking5 said...

Thats a great tour. I love your pictures of the tour. Thanks for your travelogue story.

Nairobi to Amboseli Day Trips